- Instructor: Sofia Paraskeva
- Company website: Copper Blue Media
- Email: sofia_paraskeva[at]fitnyc.edu
- Office Hours: Wed. 3-3.40
- FIT Tutoring Center: A608B
Digital Graphics I is an overview of Adobe Illustrator and an introduction to FIT online and printing resources.
Students will receive a working knowledge in Adobe Illustrator. Emphasis is on teaching an analytical approach to rendering along with the technical features of Illustrator. Students will not be creating highly conceptual artwork initially; so will be able to focus on technological aspects of technical drawing, digital drawing with software and software skills.
- Adobe’s online manuals, videos and pod-casts
- External back up drives, pens, a few sheets of tracing paper, pica ruler.
Bring supplies to every class.
- In-class work and in-class assignments: 15%
- Projects: 60%:
- 10% Label
- 20% Street Scene
- 10% Logo Satire
- 20% 3 Views
- Class Participation and Attendance: 10%
- Mid-Term Quiz: 5%
- Final Proficiency Test:10%
(A: 91% or above, B: 90% - 71%, C: 70% - 61%, D: 60% - 51%, F: 50% or below)
If you are going to miss a class, you must let me know as soon as possible by email. Please do not schedule doctors appointments, job interviews, etc. during class time, as this will count as an absence.
If you find you are having trouble with attendance, please see me as soon as possible – do not wait.
Due to the quantity of material covered in the course, I will not be able to spend class time explaining missed assignments or lectures to students. If a class is missed, it is your responsibility to get the information from one of your classmates and/or Angel, or if necessary, make an appointment with me during office hours. Please arrive on time to class, with supplies, and be prepared for lecture to start on time.
Please read and sign the two-part Department Attendance Policy form. Return one copy to the instructor and keep one for your records.
- Students are required to attend all classes, be on time, and remain for the entire class.
- Students who are absent for 3 classes will receive a grade of "F."
- Student who arrives 10 minutes after the start of the class will be considered late
- 2 late occurrences = one absence
- A student who arrives over 1 hour late or not returning from the break will be consider absent from the class
- An excused absence is still considered an absence
Assignments & Exercises
We are going to cover an extensive amount of material in this class. Please be here every class.
It will be very difficult to catch up
Assignments and exercises will be given every week. You may be given credit for each part of each assignment, no matter how small. Assignments must be completed on time and presented in a neat, clean, professional manner. For each week an assignment is late, the grade will be lowered one grade point.
Hand in assignments or progress submissions on time, even if not completed to your satisfaction.
Keep all of your work and computer files for this class. A final digital file of your semester's work is required at the end of the semester. It is the student’s responsibility to BACK UP their work.
Projects, assignments and grading breakdown are subject to change at the instructor’s discretion.
NOTE: The final grade on Angel may not reflect the actual final grade.
Free tutoring services are available to full time students from the Academic Skills office, A608b. Consider tutoring as soon as possible if you are falling behind. It gets very difficult to schedule a tutor later in the semester. http://www.fitnyc.edu/3794.asp, 212-217-4080.
Additional tutoring is available for students with learning disabilities through our Learning Disabilities Program at FIT. 212-217-4090, http://www.fitnyc.edu/fitable, room A570.